By Liz Aitken
Are you looking for the next best alternative to a dual purpose machine? The Brother PE770 embroidery machine is the most popular dedicated embroidery machine at Amazon because it offers just so many features for almost half the price here than what you would pay at a retail store. Such an affordable embroidery machine makes it fabulous to give as a gift or to buy if you’re ready to move to a dedicated machine.
The Brother PE 770 is the perfect solution with many features that don’t come in lower end machines. See the prices compared below with more information on the machine itself.
Make your move now!
COMPARE ONLINE PRICES
- Amazon $597.00 More than 50% off retail price! Free Shipping to your door.
- Walmart $597.00 (If you live near a store, otherwise add shipping)
- eBay $599.00 Don’t bother opening another account!
- Mr Vac $699.00 Why would you pay this much more?
Are You Ready to Have Fun Being Creative?
- The Brother PE770 is renowned for its great stitch quality, which is so important for good embroidery.
- An embroidery machine like this is perfect if are ready to turn a simple t-shirt or a pair of jeans onto a work of art.
- You might like to embroider towel sets as gifts, or create appliqué designs to make really unique accessories.
- Embroidering is great to add decorative borders to soft furnishings or a bit of flair to plain fabric. The possibilities are endless!
Great For Beginners, Terrific For Bigger Projects
The Brother PE 770 is a really easy machine to master. It’s simple to set up and easy to get started, so there’s no need to fear being frustrated with a steep learning curve. Even a beginner will have no trouble working out how to use it and become creative really quickly.
- The Brother PE770 embroidery machine has many advanced features:
- A really sturdy machine, it is much quieter than other similar machines.
- It stitches more quickly than other machines too – at 650 embroidery stitches per minute.
- It comes with 6 built-in embroidery lettering fonts and 136 built-in decorative patterns so you’ll be able to create wonderful intricate designs and classic quilt patterns on auto pilot.
- The machine features 10 built-in frame shapes and 12 border styles so you are only limited by your imagination.
- All the work is done for you. But if you want to choose a design not provided with the machine there is an endless variety of designs on the Internet.
- The Brother Embroidery Library is just one place you’ll find many free designs, but with a bit of surfing you’ll find heaps more – some for a really small fee.
Other Built-in Features
- Built-in memory function saves your designs to re-use
- The black back-lit 1.6” by 3” LCD touch screen control panel is easy to operate
- The quick-set bobbin and the bobbin winding system are both really simple
- Advanced automatic needle threading is terrific if your sight isn’t perfect
- The tread cutter button makes it so fast
- There is an automatic upper thread tension system for different fabrics
- Two LED lights make it easy to see your work
- You can rotate your embroidery by 1º, 10º or 90º so positioning is completely flexible
The Brother PE770 comes with a host of accessories.
Note: You will still need to purchase appropriate stabilizer and quality embroidery thread.
- A 5”x7” embroidery hoop
- An accessory foot
- A seam ripper tool
- XXX bobbins
- A set of needles
- A cleaning brush
- Spool caps
- A spool net
- An accessory bag
- A dust cover
- The user manual and reference guide
Using the Brother PE770
Once you get used to working with the machine and its in-built designs, you are likely to want to search for more on the Internet. The beauty of this machine is that you can download the design onto a flash drive and insert that into the machine’s USB port.
You will find it a breeze using the LCD screen, as there is on-screen help and editing. It’s a pity that the screen is only black and white, but when you download designs from the Internet the designs are shown in color. The embroidery hoop has a grid to help you place your designs at the precise spot you want them on your material. The machine will sew through thick and multi layers of material and you are able to decrease or enlarge your designs really easily.
Needless to say, the PE770 comes with a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty, which should give you peace of mind about the quality of the machine.
Some have had Problems – Here Are Some Tips
Some users have complained about the thread either jamming or breaking. The user manual explains clearly that you need to use quality thread. These tips might be of help!
- Buy a set of quality thread when you place your order for your machine.
- I suggest that you lubricate your machine before using it for the first time.
- Do a practice run of your design on before you do the real thing.
- Look for videos on YouTube to get some tips on using your new Brother PE770 Embroidery machine.